Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Routine for Kicks

Wednesday, August 5th, 2009 - Day 143

Now that I can feel her moving around and jabbing/kicking, I've come up with a routine every night before I go to bed. I get ready for bed, take my prenatal, then lay on my back and put my hands over my belly to feel her kick. Last night I could feel her very strongly. It is amazing how someone so small can kick or jab so hard. There was a strange feeling last night where it was like she put her foot on the lining of my belly, then dragged it a few inches to the left. It gave me the chills and made me think - oh boy, this is only going to be the beginning of tons of strange movements by my little girl. It is still such an amazing thing to feel her moving around. I just love that bonding experience and I know Chris does too. I do have a stethoscope to listen to strange and unknown sounds down there.

It isn't like I expect her to say 'hi', but just trying to listen can be an experience in itself. I know people always say that is the best part about being pregnant is feeling the movements, the kicks, the jabs...and boy were they right!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...Ang, I'm so happy for you and Chris. I love reading your blog. That's so exciting that you felt her kick and jab. She will definitely be a HOT little girl AND a GREAT athlete. Can't wait until she gets here...only 20 more weeks. I can't believe you are already have way there. LYMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, someone is already calling my granddaughter "Hot" LOL. I know she will be beautiful. Just wait, Angie, when she puts a foot out to stretch, and you can actually see her foot through your stomach, now that is truly amazing. It is so funny to watch these babies as they grow. After you get nearer to your due date, there isn't as much activity since there's not much room to move around in there, but they still like to jab.LOL

    ReplyDelete