Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baby's First Bank Account

Thursday, August 13th, 2009 - Day 151

I wouldn't say that Chris has a potty mouth, but if he's upset - there are a few choice words that do come flying out of his mouth. Soccer, bowling, video games, road rage are a few of the items that 'force' him into a rage where he'll blurt out a cuss word or two. Now that baby is on the way, we are trying to get this habit stopped in time...and I have to admit I say a word here or there when I bowl bad.

So we are going to have a cuss jar. We'll have it ready to go for when/if Chris (or myself) ever say a cuss word in the house or around baby, he/I will have to put in a particular amount of money. In preparation for this, we'll both be required to have change/cash ready to go that will sit next to the cuss jar - so there's no excuse to donate once we've violated the rule.

All the money generated from the cuss jar will go into Baby's first bank account and you just never know, she may be rich before she's 5. Although, I do have to admit Chris has been better now that baby is starting to hear. We do have some good laughs over the idea, but I think it is a great idea and I'll be eager to see how much actually goes into the baby's first bank account from the cuss jar.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Tim still get's the good ol' eyebrow raise and a "Do you think that's appropriate to say around Alexander?" from me quite often...and he's nearly two! Luckily, he hasn't said anything too bad yet : )

    ReplyDelete