Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 – Day 163

It seems like time is just flying by. I need to get in gear and start researching for classes and signed up. I have heard that if you wait too long, they fill up and you have your class just before pregnancy and sometimes if the baby comes early, you don't end up going to the class. I have so many things I want to do before she arrives and it is just amazing that I'm almost 6 months and I still have much to do. We are delivering at St. Lukes and I've heard nothing but great things about it. Great nurses, your own room. Your bed turns into the birthing table, etc. I like what I've heard. I am very scared of the whole birth experience and hearing some stories about giving birth, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. Just scary to think about the worse case scenarios, but I think that we all do that!

A friend who is a nurse was giving me the tip of telling my doctor not to cut down there, to let me tear naturally. It made perfect sense and I am definitely going to tell him. Tearing naturally has a faster recovery time and will actually tear less than if you are cut. If you get cut, it will tear easily and cause a bigger tear than if you had torn naturally. She had a million other things to say that really opened my eyes, but was great to hear. It didn't scare me but being a nurse, she had some insight that I was happy to hear.

1 comment:

  1. She's right, Angie. When I had Chris, the doctor cut down there and it took a lot longer to heal than with the other kids with whom I did not get cut. It wasn't too pleasant. LOL

    ReplyDelete