Thursday, August 20, 2009

Double D’s – No Way!

Thursday, August 20th, 2009 – Day 158

Tonight I had Chris take me shopping. I almost passed out the other day because my bra was so tight and I felt claustrophobic. I hadn’t gone out to get any new bras and had just been wearing my normal 36 small C bras, well it was finally time to get some bigger coverage for my girls. I have never been fitted for a bra, but since I had grown so much, I decided ‘what the heck’. Chris was with me while the two ladies from Victoria Secret got their measuring tapes out and started their work. One said 36 and then she said Double D. I looked at Chris and his eyes nearly popped out of his head – guys are so funny. I was a bit in shock too. I mean I’ve heard of friends who had Double D’s and I’ve karaoke’d at the bar Double D’s but I never thought I’d ever have Double D’s unless I paid for them and I would never go that big!

So the ladies bring us back and she grabs some 36DD bras and decided to grab some 36D bras too. I go into the dressing room and tell Chris to follow along to help me and I start trying on these new ginormous bras. The 36Ds did not fit at all. They were so tight and I felt the same as I did before – like I had a corset on that was getting tighter and tighter. I sure as heck was not going to pay $40 or $50 for a bra that made me feel that way. So I tried on the 36DD bras and the cups fit very well, except they too were super tight around my chest. So I snuck out and grabbed some 38D and 38DD bras. The 38D bras did not fit in most of the bras, but there was one that was a convertible strapless (what I always buy) that fit pretty well (for now)…so I went with that one. I did try on the 38DD bras and they were a good fit, but I think I have a month or so before I need one with so much coverage.

Chris was super cute about the whole deal. I think he got a real education about bras that he never thought he’d get. He didn’t know what underwire was and kept commenting on how it looks so uncomfortable. He suggested I get one without it and I said that was near impossible unless it was a sports bra. He learned about straps, styles, colors, and the best SIZES. I asked if he was going to tell all of his friends I have DDs now and I didn’t quite get a straight answer – boys! Lol I’m just happy I’m more comfortable now in my new bra! Ah!

2 comments:

  1. Girl that happened to my friend and dad's wife when they were pregnany and they never really had big boobs well they certainly did for the pregnancy and now they are back to the normal size and probably a little bit smaller....so enjoy them while you can! I know I will whenever I do get preggo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha This is too funny Angie!

    ReplyDelete