Saturday, August 22, 2009

At the Lake with the Girls (and baby)

Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 – Day 160

Our annual girls trip is this weekend and it is something that we’ve done every year with virtually the same 10 or so girls. It literally takes us about a month or so to just get our schedules in order and find a weekend so we can all commit to going to the lake. We planned this trip back several months ago – that’s just what it takes – but so worth it.

The house we stay in is absolutely gorgeous and I’m thankful every time I’ve stayed there that I’ve had the opportunity. Most of the time I stay in the bunk room with 5 or 6 other girls. It always reminds me of camp and just a fun time. But this year, I was a bit worried about the sleeping arrangements and same as camping, I was worried I wouldn’t sleep. I’ve relied very much on sleeping pills and drinking to put me to sleep at the lake, but this year without either – I can picture myself up at every noise. Plus I tend to stay on the top bunk and going up and down to use the restroom as much as I need would be treacherous. Luckily, for me, the host has offered me one of the bedrooms so if I need to turn in early, get away from the noise or be close to the bathroom – I can. My friends are so good to me!

I’ve grown since the float trip but will be attempting to wear the same swimsuit, so I hope I fit! I guess we’ll see. I’m excited to get away with the girls for our annual trip. It is always a great time out on the boats, the pool, the restaurants/bars, shopping, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment