Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baby and I are so Lucky

Thursday, August 6th, 2009 - Day 144

I could have never guessed how excited Chris would be about us being pregnant. I knew he wanted kids badly (we talked about kids on our first date), but nothing prepared me for how he is throughout this whole journey. He is absolutely amazing! I sometimes think he is more excited than me and I'm pretty darn excited. I love that Chris wants to bond with the baby and he calls the baby by the names we've been throwing around to try them out for size. He has talked about parenting when she is a newborn all the way to how he will be as a disciplinarian. He's gotten into the registering and every decision of this process. He's gone to every doctor's appointment and I love that he squeezes my hand when he sees the tears in my eyes in joy. Baby and I are extremely lucky and every day that passes I'm even more confident that he's going to be the best dad ever, and I was already confident before we got pregnant. Possibly, most men are this very same way, but I have heard stories of other husbands who called it 'it' until the baby could talk back OR that they are not into the pregnancy until the baby is actually born. From the moment I saw Chris's face when I said, we may be pregant while holding the home pregnancy test, I knew I was extremely lucky to have Chris as my husband and baby daddy!

1 comment:

  1. You will be an amazing family! All three of you are so lucky to have the love and support that you all have for one another...everyone can see it the minute you enter the room! We can't wait to see you guys next Friday!

    ReplyDelete