Friday, January 1, 2010

A Very Nice Invention


Friday, January 1st, 2010 - Day 14

Last night was New Year's eve and I'm laughing at myself because as the ball dropped in Times Square, I was in a dead sleep in bed. Lisa came over and brought me some treats..mmm. We had a dirty martini - my first one in 10 months. Then I had two glasses of wine. We hung out and watched a movie then Lisa left to head over to a party. Tia and Chris were napping and my eyes were starting to feel super heavy. It has been quite a long time since I had more than 1 drink and my tolerance has gone way down. It was 10pm and I knew I wasn't going to make it until midnight. I caved and went to bed. I did set an alarm to get up just in time but Chris said it kept going off and I'd hit snooze but let it buzz for several minutes at a time which was so unlike me. He just laughed he said. I'm a light weight now! But it was nice to have two of my favorite cocktails. Thanks Lisa.

I got up to feed Tia around 6ish and my boobs were telling me they needed to be pumped soon since it had been 12 or so hours since my last pump. Of course I wanted to make sure my milk was alcohol free so I used a product called Milkscreen. It said I was negative, which meant I was alcohol free and the milk is good for Tia. What a great product...thanks to the person who invented it!

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome product!! Where the heck was it when I was nursing all three of mine??!! ;) I just didn't drink much then. Would have been nice to have then.

    Happy New Year!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete