Monday, January 18, 2010

A Car Ride Does Her Good

Monday, January 18th, 2009 - Day 31

It is amazing how car rides are like Prozac for babies...it soothes them and puts them right to sleep. My debit card was making some fraudulent activity buying cell phones to Istanbul, etc. Luckily, my bank notified me and cancelled the card. I ran up to Bank of America to get a new credit card and had to take Tia with me. My Aunt called right when I left the house which was perfect because we could chat for a bit, but when you get two Gulledge's on the phone - often it turns into a very long conversation. I got to the bank, but wasn't done talking to Kina, so I drove past it and got on the highway. A cop was sitting in the parking lot as I passed and I know he saw me drive by. I got off at the next exit and did a loop around all the shopping centers and then got back on the highway again, got off at my home exit and went towards the bank again. The cop saw me again and was probably wondering what I was doing. I didn't want to just park in the lot because I was afraid Tia would wake up, so I just kept driving. I wasn't about to get off the phone yet, because we were getting into some juicy conversation. I realized that I didn't have Tia's pacifier and how if she woke up while I was in the bank, she that would be key, so I drove back home. As I was pulling onto the road that leads to my house, that same cop saw me drive by. Then once I got the pacifier and was driving towards the bank again, Kina and I ended our conversation and this time I would finally end up at the bank. I completed my duties at the bank (the girl that helped me was 8 months pregnant, so we had some good baby talk). I was on my way home and pulling back to my house, that same cop drove by me yet again. This time, the look on his face was like 'what on earth is that girl doing'. I really thought he was going to pull me over and ask what I was up to which would have been fine. But he didn't. But I do believe that the end all to soothing a baby is a little ride in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment