Sunday, January 17, 2010

Still Reaping the Benefits

Sunday, January 17th, 2009 - Day 30

When I was pregnant, it seemed that everybody was opening the door for me, trying to help me carry my things, worried about me, etc. And I knew that once Tia was born, it would all stop and everything would be about Tia. So I definitely milked it for what it was worth and took advantage if I could. I even used being pregnant as my excuse if I did an airhead thing or tickled Chris and then I'd say 'it was Tia'.

Of course, in the hospital I was treated like royalty and they even had room service, which was nice - the food was great. I knew once we got home, it would be Chris and I fending for ourselves! I do have to say we've had several people bring food when they come visit which is not expected but we definitely enjoy it. Mainly, it has been our moms and who better can cook than your mom. My mom brings her beef noodle soup which is my favorite thing in the world! One of our friends sent us a lovely breakfast basket from Annie Gunns and even brought over pizzas from one of my favorite places. I have a friend coming over today and bringing lasagna - mmmm.

It is crazy how I forget to eat sometimes and I have to fit it in where I can. With Tia, I feed her and then set her down for her floor time. Most of the time, she loves it for at least 15 minutes which gives me time to pump. Around the 5am or 8am feeding, I'll try to get a bowl of cereal in there, then around lunchtime I'll try to eat something quick - but she usually is over floor time by the time I'm done pumping. For dinner, I wait until Chris gets home and then he'll watch her while I cook us a meal. It works and I get to eat at least 3 meals a day. You would think I would have lost more weight though!?!

I went to Walgreens the other day to get her some constipation drops. It was the only item I had in one hand and I had Tia in her pumpkin seat in the other arm. A couple was in front of me who only had a couple items were adamant about letting me go in front of them. I kept saying, no thanks, but the guy was persistant saying I had a baby and one item only. So I went in front of the couple. He said that they have had a baby before and thus know what it is like, etc. He asked how old she was and when I said 3.5 weeks, he said 'wow, you are getting around real good with only having a baby 3 or so weeks ago'. I was a bit shocked by the comment, since I felt like I had been getting around really good since the day of Tia's birth. I guess it made me think about some other ladies who didn't have labor or C-section as easy as I did. I am thankful that I was getting around well! But one thing is for sure, it is still nice to get the royal treatment when baby is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment