Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby Carrier

Thursday, January 7, 2010 - Day 20

Tia usually has at least one fussy period per day usually lasting 15 to 45 minutes at a time. During these periods, I have to carry her around the room bouncing her so she won't cry. She'll be fed, clean but just is fussy and all of her usual things I have her do just won't work. I was reading Jen's blog about trying the Baby Bjorn with her newborn and I remembered we got a Jeep carrier from our registry so I looked it up to see if newborns could be used in it. Tia was having a fussy period and so I'd hold her and bounce her around the room (I call it our dance time), and eventually she'd stop whimpering and I'd put her in a cradle hold and she'd start to doze off. BUT the minute I would move her to the swing, the floor, her boppy pillow, her crib or anything else - she would wake up and be fussy again - which meant I had to start dancing with her again to get her to stop her fussiness.

I went and grabbed the Jeep carrier, read the instructions and I put Tia on her boppy pillow while I was getting it ready and she woke up and started to fuss. I put her in the Jeep carrier that was now on me and at first she gave me this look like 'are you kidding me', but once I started to walk around, she started to doze off. Wfew, it worked! Now, she was already pretty drowsy, so that helped and the true test is when I want to be handsfree and she is wide awake.

But so far, the Jeep carrier is pretty nice. I got her bottle ready, am writing this blog, and was able to put her dirty diapers in the diaper genie - stuff I could not do if she was in a cradle hold sleeping. Thanks Jen for giving me the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    I found your blog on your facebook page. Congratulations on your beautiful baby Tia! She's a sweetie. I love reading your blog because it takes me back to when I had our first daughter, Ella. Hang in there, you're doing a great job. It will get easier and you will sleep again someday :)
    A friend of mine loaned me a Moby Wrap which I really like. (You can Google it.) Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome : ) There is not much harder to take than a fussy baby. Dancing is fun for them and a great workout for you...Gabriel gets to dance to Lady Ga Ga right now and Kesha's Tik Tok!

    ReplyDelete