Tuesday, January 5, 2010

McKenzie

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 - Day 18

A lot of people are wondering how we came up with McKenzie as Tia's middle name. We had a few middle names we were tossing around for 9 months, but just could not decide on any one of them. Harley was our biggest front runner and we were about 99% sure her name would be Tia Harley Norris. I came up with Harley about 5 months into pregnancy...I wanted it to be somewhat sentimental by using a family name, but none of the first names in either family really stuck out for us. We wanted her middle name to be unique, mainly for me, because our last name is Norris which is pretty common. I was thinking of merging family names and I came up with Harley, which was a composition of (Harp, Merli, Lee) and Chris really liked it too. BUT there was just something that was keeping me from pulling the trigger on it. I think because Tia was already a unique name and to throw a unique middle name with it - I wasn't sure I wanted to do. But for the remaining 5 months of pregnancy, it was what we were thinking we'd end up with if we didn't come up with anything. Since she was going to be born around Christmas, we also decided that if she was born on Christmas, her middle name would be Noel.

Since I came up with Tia, I was wanting Chris to come up with some middle names to choose from, so the week Tia was born, he had a task of doing some research and giving me some options. He came up with several and we went through them together. He had mentioned McKenna and I just wasn't going for it, but then he just said McKenzie and we both really liked it. And it was perfect and we decided it would definitley be her middle name unless she was born on Christmas and then it would be Noel. So there we picked it and I was super happy that Chris came up with her middle name and boy did he do a great job. I just love her name. We decided since it was only a matter of days before she was born that we'd keep it a secret from everyone and hence why so many people were shocked to hear that her name wasn't Tia Harley or Tia Corinne. But we've heard nothing but positive comments about her name 'Tia McKenzie Norris.'

No comments:

Post a Comment