Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nothing on Daytime TV

Thursday, January 28th, 2009 - Day 41

In my life, I have never been a big TV watcher. Besides liking to watch TV while I'm eating, I really have never been tied to any particular shows that I HAVE to watch or that I want taped. When I was growing up, we lived in the country and didn't have cable. I think we had 4 clear channels and 3 fuzzy ones and when my dad had his computers running, they were all fuzzy. We only had a 13 inch TV that we all watched and it was generally whatever my dad was watching; Star Trek, Quantum Leap, and any Sci-Fi shows that were on. When I got into college, I watched whatever my roommates were watching which was a Thursday night ritual of Friends and sometimes Days of Our Lives. After college, I watched The Bachelor with my cousin and that was it, Friends, and Seinfeld. The past few years, I was into Snapped and CSI, but I got tired of those the past few months.

Now that I'm home every day, I've scanned all the channels for what to watch and there really isn't anything that peaks my interest. The first few weeks, I watched all the movies available but they tend to have the same movies on for months. So my routine has become this: News from 5 to 10 (usually get an hour in between feedings, burping, changing and playtime). Then I watch Rachel Ray mainly because it follows the news and it starts before I even realize it. Then because that channel goes back to the news (which I've seen already for the day), I switch to the Price is Right - I do like Drew Carey hosting - I saw him at Mardi Gras one time. Once that is over, I switch over to Wife Swap - seriously just like seeing how 'strange' people are out there. Then after that is over, Desperate Housewives comes on and I watch a few episodes of that. Then it is Grey's Anatomy. None of these shows I really love but it is what is on. Unless I want to watch Court TV, Soaps or infomercials, this has become my routine. I wish some of the shows from the evening were on during the day, but they aren't. Or if Seinfeld or Friends were on, I'd watch re-runs of that. I only have 5 full weeks left, so I guess I should enjoy daytime television while I can.

Luckily, Tia keeps me nice and busy, so I don't have to watch TV the entire time. I do catch her sometimes staring off and I'll realize she is watching TV. I'll tell her, 'you are too young to watch TV young lady' at which time, she'll look at me. She's so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment