Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our First Night Out


Saturday, January 9th, 2009 - Day 22

Tonight was our first night out since Tia was born. One of Chris's best friends was turning 30 and his fiance had a surprise birthday party planned. I thought it was a great opportunity for us to get out of the house for a few hours and see how we do with leaving Tia at home. Chris's mom, as I call Katma, was coming over to watch Tia and be our first babysitter. What was nice was that Katma was going to come over to our house so that made it very nice for us. She came over around 6ish and we left shortly after and headed to Kirkwood for the party. I was able to have a couple glasses of wine and we got to mingle with all of Chris's friends. It was a really nice time with great drinks, great food, great music and of course great people. We left a bit after 9 and swung by to see our friend Lisa for a bit and we were home around 10ish.

While we were out everyone kept asking us if we were calling to check in every 5 minutes or having feelings of sadness that we left her at home. But to be honest, Chris and I were both fine being out with out Tia. Of course, we missed her, BUT we knew it was only for a few hours and she was in good hands. It was a great first night out! Of course, we kissed our peanut when we got home.

3 comments:

  1. I was really bummed that I couldn't make it, but Tim had 4 soccer (futsal, really) games to coach on Saturday night! You look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys for coming! That was a great surprise to both Steve and I.It was soooo much fun to hang out with you and everyone else! It was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words. I love my Tia!

    ReplyDelete