Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 27 Down - Starting Week 28


Saturday, September 26, 2009 – Day 195

I can't tell if I think it has gone fast or slow. I am an instant gratification sort of person, so I'm usually in the mentality that I can't wait for things to get here. BUT with pregnancy, I know it is a journey and every step is an awesome bonding experience so I think 9/10 months is a perfect length of time. Then I think it has gone by super fast and I can't believe I'm in my 3rd trimester already. Although, I really didn't start my pregnancy until Month 3 since I was 8 weeks pregnant when I found out. But all in all, I'm at 7 months and my belly is big enough for people to know I'm pregnant. 3 months to go. Chris wanted to know why it isn't 9 months like we've been programmed to think pregnancy is and trying to explain the first month of pre-conception, etc was not my forte.

But looking it up online is explained like this: We all know that pregnancies cover a period of 40 weeks, and if you consider 4 weeks to be a month then you would be correct in saying that a pregnancy covers 10 months. On average though there are actually 4.33 weeks in every month according to the Gregorian calendar that the world goes by. However, neither of these calculations is actually accurate. The way your health care provider will calculate your due date by doing the following: Add nine months and seven days to the date which you started your period (LMP). This would be about 7 days if you were on a 28 day cycle.

So calculating the due date by counting the date of my last period, it would be 40 weeks. Although, I didn't have one, so my due date is measured by the size of baby when I found out I was pregnant. It is a bit confusing and when it hits 36 weeks and I tell people I'm 9 months pregnant, they are going to wonder why I'm not currently in labor. Although - most moms already know it just means I've hit my final month.

1 comment:

  1. Angie, You look so darn cute being prego. I love that picture of the two of you. Reading this blog every day has been an enjoyment for me. It's like we all get to take the journey with you.

    ReplyDelete