Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flowers for the Pregnant Girl

Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 – Day 178

The other day, Chris and I were at Trader Joe's getting some cases of wine for a company event I was organizing. We are at the check-out and the lady behind the register says 'well when you drink all of this wine tonight, I just want you to know that we are open at 9:00am tomorrow if you need to pick up more.' I told her it wouldn't be me drinking all of this wine, while rubbing my belly. But told her that perhaps my husband, as I pointed at him, would possibly drink it all - and we laughed. She then asked when we were due and what we were having. We told her all that we knew. She was so excited for us and was really sweet. We paid our tab, walked out of the store pushing the cart towards our car, when all of a sudden, we hear someone behind us saying 'excuse me, excuse me.' I recognized the voice as the lady at the cash register. When I turned around, she was holding a huge bouquet of flowers saying 'these are for you, congratulations on your little girl.' We were both so shocked, we didn't even know what to say. I know I said thanks, but didn't give her the appreciative thanks she deserved. How sweet was that and just because I was pregnant! The flowers sit on my desk at work. When people ask me where I got them, they are amazed at the stories. I am already spoiled because I have two bouquets of flowers already on my desk from my sweet hubby. So now my desk looks like a nursery! I'm lucky!

1 comment:

  1. so cute angie. i loved that kind of stuff. it's amazing how wonderful people treat a pregnant woman isn't it? people would hold doors, be geniune with their concerns, ask questions and actually be interested....milk it girl, because once that little one is here it will no longer be about you : ) just kidding, but you know what i mean!

    ReplyDelete