Thursday, September 24, 2009

Halloween for Pregnant Girls

Thursday, September 24th, 2009 – Day 193

Most of you know I do a Halloween Party every year called the Halloween Bus Party www.halloweenbusparty.com. I started it in the year 2000 and this year will be my 10 year anniversary. It was originally my hope to wait until after the Halloween Party this year, as well as our trip to Thailand before we got pregnant. But she couldn't wait and we wouldn't change anything on when we got pregnant this year. We are overjoyed and of course our trip to Thailand can wait. The Halloween Bus Party is a different story. I thought about not having it, but being my 10 year anniversary - I just couldn't do that to all of those 300+ people expecting to attend. So I'm going to have it and already several people have signed up. I've already started the planning process and it is all coming together.

What is ironic about the Halloween party is that I can never decide what I'm going to wear until the last minute. So I already have a hard time deciding what I'm going to wear. But this year, it is even harder because I'm going to be 8 month pregnant. I know of all of the typical pregnancy costumes like the Baker and the Bun in the Oven, Pregnant Nun and Priest, paint my belly like a basketball or fishbowl or watermelon. But I just can't settle on what I want to be. I really want to be something unique. Something that everyone says 'wow, that's clever'. I saw a disco ball costume that was really neat, but it looked like a lot of work. I have a few ideas, but getting it accomplished is going to be the hard part. I'm open to ideas!! I have to be able to still organize the bus party, as well as get onto the buses with ease. But no matter what, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even STARTED this thought process yet, even though we always dress up. The year Britney Spears was pregnant for the second time (and I was NOT pregnant), I dressed up as a pregnant Britney. Now that I am pregnant, I am at a loss for creativity.

    Oh, and the leg cramps are the worst! No matter what I do, they occur regularly in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete