Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maternity Leave

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 – Day 171

A coworker came back for her first day back to work from maternity leave. She originally was going to take 6 or 8 weeks, but changed her mind to take the full 12 weeks. It was great to see her and get a few tidbits about her maternity leave, but I could tell it was hard for her to return. I noticed she called home a few times in private and didn't put any pictures of her beautiful little girl up. I think it was hard for her to even talk about being back and leaving baby at home with Daddy. I wonder how I'll do when I return from maternity leave. I've heard so many different scenerios and it is hard to say which category I'll fall in. Seeing my coworker back definitely makes me very sympathetic to her because it could very well be what I go through. I guess time will tell. I am planning on taking the full 12 weeks. I don't think there is a price I could put on the time I'm able to spend with my baby. I'm excited about every minute of maternity leave and having that time to bond with my baby girl. I'm also excited that Chris will be taking some time off as well to spend with us as we grow closer as a family. I'm so excited, I just can't even explain how I feel about what I have to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief, Angie. You would think that "I" am the one that is pregnant. I get so darn weepy anymore. Reading what you just wrote about you and Chris and baby spending time together and "bonding" made me cry. It was so sweet. I just love the way Chris is so excited about all of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so hard to go back to work, but i can promise you that it gets easier as each day goes by (and believe me, there are days that it feels good to be on my own so to speak). and everytime i pick parker up from the sitter his little face lights up and we're just so happy to see each other. that moment alone makes everything in the world good. i can also tell you that, yes, that 12 weeks with your baby will be amazing but i will promise you that there will be hard times...especially when chris returns to work. all will work out angie. you two will be amazing parents and with the support you have from one another there isn't anything neither of you can do, get through, or figure out. and as always, i'm here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete