Thursday, September 17, 2009

Babies R Us - Outrageous Shipping

Thursday, September 17th, 2009 – Day 186

I am new to Babies R Us but of course I love having a registry. The first purchase was made from our registry and it was by my dad. He was instructed by my Grandma to go get something big and of course he is a mommy's boy so he gave me a ring to discuss. I just told him to get one of the 3 furniture items from our registry. Chris and I are super excited about the furniture we picked out for our baby girl because the crib converts into a queen headboard/footboard which is perfect because we have two sets of queen mattresses. But this means that she can use this set of furniture her entire young life...maybe even 18 years. So to us, the furniture, although a big expensive, is worth the investment. My dad lives in Springfield, IL and I wasn't even thinking about shipping or anything like that mainly because I wasn't quite sure what it all entails. So my dad goes on the registry and picks out the large dresser for $359. But what happened when he went to pay was Babies R Us tacked on $160 in shipping charges and $40 in taxes. So his bill came out to be over $550 dollars. Of course, had I known, I would have had him mail us a check, we would have gone up to Babies R Us down the road from us and purchased it there. The sale went through and eventhough my dad tried to cancel, it was too late and the item was shipped.

So I'm writing this more to let people know that if you see something on our registry and don't want to pay for the shipping, let us know - we'll pick it up at the store near our house. We hate hearing about people having to pay outrageous shipping. Sorry dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment