Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mommy's Not the Only One Hobbling Around

Sunday, September 27, 2009 – Day 196

Written by Baby Daddy:

A couple of weeks ago I'm playing soccer Sunday night like always. The ball goes over my head and I'm getting ready to play it off of the boards. I'm completely stopped, waiting for the ball to bounce to me. It takes an awkward bounce and goes to my right. I turn to go after it, and that's when it goes downhill. My knee pops and I immediately collapse. The ref who was halfway down the field said he heard it and also said "I think that was your ACL." I had no idea what he was talking about since I have never had any kind of injury before. One of the most severe things that has caused me to see a doctor was strep throat....pretty weak. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I never go to the doctor otherwise. I decided to wait and see how my knee felt in a week. One week goes by and I still cannot bend my knee back. A bunch of people at work see me limping around and basically scare me into getting an MRI. Good thing because it revealed that my ACL was in fact completely torn. My only option now is surgery, because ACL's do not heal themselves. It gets even worse, I'll be on crutches for 2 weeks, will not be able to drive for a month, and will not be back soccer for about a year. I think this could have been a career ender for me. I cannot afford to have another injury like this while taking care of our baby girl. I feel so bad for Angie. Now she has 2 babies to take care of!

3 comments:

  1. Listen kids, I told Chris already, that if you need me to come over and do something (like fix dinner or whatever) I would be happy to accommodate you. I know you guys have a lot on your plate right now, but never fear MOM is HERE!! LOL Just keep me informed on when surgery will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve told me about this! That is crazy...maybe it is a hint that you should stop playing soccer! :) Well just take care of eachother and if you need anything Steve and I are here to help as well! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is why I got nervous when Tim mentioned that he wants to start playing soccer in the Friday night league again! He already has so many regularly occuring aches and pains from beating up his body with soccer, but I know how much he loves it. However, my best friend just spent the last two months of her pregnancy taking care of a husband on crutches and a two year old thanks to a water skiing accident and it did NOT sound like much fun!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete