Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ouch - That's what that is?

Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 – Day 184

Okay, I hate to bring up such a bad topic, but I honestly did not know what hemorroids were until now. I have heard the term, I know a zillion people who have had them, but I personally did not know (same with heartburn). However, I was telling Chris that I needed to talk to my doctor because I have a 'situation' down there. Luckily, I can talk to Chris about anything so when I told him what was going on - he said 'oh that's called hemorroids'. Well, I had no idea and honestly, I wish I had no idea because it is not a day in the park. But in all of my pregnancy books, they tell you that it is very common for pregnant women to get hemoroids. Darn the luck, I thought I'd slip by without that ailment. Well, I will still be bringing it up with my doc at my next visit and see if he has any remedies. Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angie! I'm so sorry to hear you've got the dreaded hemoroids. Knock on wood that isn't an experience I've had yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you have hemmorroids already? Usually, you get them towards the very end of your term or right after you deliver, (from all of the pushing). Yes, check with your doctor. I found the BEST relief, and I am not kidding about this at all. I got them after I delivered Chris, but they never got better, so I had them removed. Then I got them again after Brandon, but this time no surgery. They were horrendous at times, but as I said, I found a miracle in a bottle. Buy a bottle of witch hazel. Yes just a big bottle of witch hazel and squirt it back there after you have a BM. It may sting a little, but I am telling you Angie, that is the greatest invention ever. Don't use the Tuck's or any other pads that say they have witch hazel in them. They don't work that well. Just plain witch hazel in a bottle. This goes for ALL of you pregnant women out there. Try this, it really works!!!! Like I said, I got them again after Brandon, and I seriously thought I would have to have surgery again because they were even worse than the first time. I tried Preparation H, Tucks, all of the remedies.....nothing worked. Then I thought about buying a bottle of the W.H. because it was an ingredient in the medicated pads,it worked like a charm. After going through a couple of years in pure misery whenever they would flare up, this stuff shrunk them up in less than 72 hours, and I was actually pain free. Now, if they even seem like they could flare up at any time, I start using the witch hazel, and they disappear.

    ReplyDelete