Friday, September 18, 2009

Gestational Diabetes Test

Friday, September 18th, 2009 – Day 187

My doctor told me its time to go get tested for gestational diabetes. I hate giving blood, but knowing this whole process if for my baby - I'm up for the task. Of course I'm praying I don't test positive because it doesn't sound like something anyone would want, but 10% of pregnant women test positive. My grandfather had diabetes but after he became a large in his later years. Hopefully, I okay. I'm planning on going sometime next week to get this done. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

2 comments:

  1. have fun drinking the sugar water. i picked the orange flavor...not so good fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't leave the office before they can finish the office! Pregnancy brain got to me w/ my second pregnancy, I drank the sugar water, sat in the waiting room/had my regular appointment and scheduled my next appointment & then left like I always did! Got in the car, was STARVING and ate a snack. The office called when I was pulling into the driveway, UGH! i had to go back the next day and do it again! The bad part is I had been talking to my nurse practitioner about how silly it would be for that to happen & how I wouldn't do it. Oops. All the nurses got a good laugh. :o)
    Diabetes in your family doesn't have much to do w/ it either. Don't stress to much, I'm sure if you had it there would be some signs - like a larger than expected baby or something.

    ReplyDelete