Sunday, March 21, 2010

Who Is My Daddy?

Sunday, March 21st, 2010 - Day 93

We just couldn't tell if Tia did a double take when she saw her Daddy tonight... In October of 2006, Chris and I met for the very first time and on that lucky day, he had zero facial hair. When we reunited the following March, he had grown a light beard...to my liking, I encouraged Chris to keep the beard because it made him look a bit older, which I liked. So for the past 3+ years, Chris has had a beard the entire time. Of course, during the summers, he usually trimmed it down a bit - but he still has never been clean shaven since that very first time we met. But tonight, Chris shaved it all off and we were waiting to see how Tia would react. It seemed like she heard his voice and didn't even flinch, but just smiled back just like she would any other time. So next time you see Chris, you may do a double take since he looks like a brand new person. We have our reasons for him going beard free and we'll just have to wait and see if he'll grow it back completely or possibly just a shadow. I will admit that although Chris looks younger without the beard, he looks fantastic to me. I think a light shadow would be a perfect look if and when he decides to grow some back. Nonetheless, he looks great to me and from the looks of Tia - she didn't have any opposition either!

1 comment:

  1. Funny! My dad has had a mustache for most of my life (one of the few men, in my opinion, that can pull it off...but I'm biased). I remember he did shave it once when I was in elementary school and it kind of freaked me out because he didn't look like my dad anymore : )
    Alexander loves playing with Tim's beard. I like the bearded look too!

    ReplyDelete