Monday, March 15, 2010

Tia Loves the TV

Monday, March 15th, 2010 - Day 87

We do our best not to let Tia watch TV. We know that it is bad for children under the age of 2 because their eyes can't process that many lights at once. However, every now and then, we'll find her staring at the TV in amazement. She acts like she is so into the show and nothing else matters. We turn her around and she turns her head again to try to gaze at it. Tonight it was hysterical. Chris was feeding her while he was watching TV. She was in her boppy, but her back was to the TV. Chris and I were talking and when we looked down, we were laughing hysterically because she was bent over backwards watching the TV with bottle in mouth and all. I, of course, had to laugh because Chris and I both love watching TV while we are eating and I said that she wants to be just like us. She used to not care, but I think the sound draws her in and then I'm sure it is distracting since the TV is a 54 inch flat screen. We are trying not let her watch TV but she is pretty determined at times. Every now and then, we'll sit her in our lap and let her watch for a few minutes so she gets her fill in before we put her down for floor time. I think she likes sitting like a big girl!

1 comment:

  1. We tried to stop Alexander from watching too...my mom still makes fun of how concerned we were because it was really useless unless we were going to stop watching TV too! Gabriel is already enamoured with it...probably because it is usually Thomas the Train or Word World nowadays!!

    ReplyDelete