Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bottle of Choice

Sunday, March 14th, 2010 - Day 86

When Tia was born, we had no idea what bottles to use. My friend Melissa gave me a crate full of bottles, but there were over 7 or 8 different kinds. We started out and I was addicted to the Avent bottles and Chris liked the Playtex bottles. Then one night Chris said he tried a Bornfree bottle and really liked it. Me being stubborn and often sticking to my guns, I kept using the Avent bottles. Tia has a bit of reflux and will spit up a lot of milk after she feeds so the bottle choice was very important. One night Chris made a bottle with the Bornfree bottle and so I used it and it was amazing how much less she spit up. I figured it was just coincidence so I kept using the Bornfree bottle and low and behold, I fell in love. There is a circular valve that gets put at the top of the bottle before the nipple goes on. I am not quite sure how it works, but it does help with the airflow so Tia drinks less air. When I was buying the supplies for Tia's daycare, I went to the store and bought the big 6 pack of Bornfree bottles and it has been well worth the cost. So I would definitely recommend anyone trying a Bornfree bottle when you are trying to figure out which bottle you like best. Each baby is different so not every baby will like the bottles that others recommend, but it is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment