Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tia's First Baby Shower

Saturday, March 6th, 2010 - Day 78

Chris's cousin Erica and her husband Sean are expecting their first child...as of now it is 80%, it will be a girl. Erica had a baby shower today and Tia and I attended. This will be the first time all on the Norris side of the family will get to meet Tia so it was perfect. My in-laws picked me and Tia up on the way which was nice because I could sit with Tia and hold her hand on the car ride, since she still does not like riding in the car (I think she's the only baby on earth that hates car rides). I kept her entertained and she got antsy a few times, but I was able to settle her since I was right there. When we arrived, the flood of family members all saying the same thing...she looks like Chris, which I got on video so Chris could hear their comments. A funny time during the day was when Erica was opening presents and they were discussing 'blowouts' and how diapers can only do so much when sometimes the poopie comes out down the legs, or up the back or up the front. Erica said 'oh no, not my baby, she is going to be a girl' and right about that time, I felt something wet on Tia's back and low and behold - a blowout up her back. I call them explosions and it was perfect timing because I held her up for all to see and they all had a good laugh. I brought the travel crib and swaddled/rocked her to nap a couple times. She ate 3 times while we were there and was held by a lot of people. There were a few girl cousins of Chris who are under the age of 14 who just loved playing with Tia. I put Tia on the floor to play and they all circled around her. Tia showed off by rolling on her side a few times and she just smiled at the girls. It was really neat. And to know that Tia, and soon-to-be Baby Brown would be running around our family gatherings and having a grand old time. I always had Missy at family gatherings in my family to play with. We always had fun and it was always nice keeping in touch through the years when it wasn't Christmas or a holiday gathering. I hope that will be the same for Tia and Baby Brown...especially if it is a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment