Thursday, July 23, 2009

That's Your Bump?

Thursday, July 23rd, 2009 - Day 130

I went to lunch today with a couple friends who work in Clayton. I was actually attending a workshop at the same company where they work, so I thought it would be fun to do lunch since I never get to go to lunch with them now that I'm out in Chesterfield. When they saw me, they both had a similar reaction - 'That's it'! It was like they were expecting me to be the size of an elephant, but then they see me with my ultra little bump that you can only see if you make me turn to the side and even then, they say 'oh, I sort of see it'. I just laughed. After lunch, they said that we had to schedule another lunch in a few months so they can get the affect of my pregnancy that they were hoping for. I saw my mom yesterday and she gave me a pregnancy book 'Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother', which is pretty cute so far, as well as a dress that was the size of a tent and looked like a curtain (but thanks mom!). She also had the same reaction 'oh, you not so big' and then said that she was nearly 7 months pregnant when she really started showing. I was praying I got my mom's pregnancy genes - and every day it is looking more and more like I did - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment