Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Ornery Pregnant Wife

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 - Day 121

Chris and I spend a lot of our marriage laughing. I absolutely love how much we laugh from the minute we get up until we go to bed. We just 'get' each other when it comes to our very unique sense of humors - a definite plus. Although, I am more ornery now that I'm pregnant, or at least I'm using my pregnancy as an excuse :)

Last Saturday when Lisa and I were out and about, we conjured up an idea to leave a note on Chris's brand new car while he was at work. We were in the neighborhood so leaving it without his knowledge would be easy. The note said 'I apologize for hitting your car, the dent on the side does not look that bad to me, but my friend suggested I leave you this note, call if needed...' and I put my number. I figured he'd see my number and know right away. So I get a phone call about the same time Chris is expected to be off of work and he says 'You Sh!thead' and we both were laughing. He said that at first he was freaking out, but he soon figured that someone from his work knew about his new car and was playing a prank. After looking at the number a few more times he said to himself 'what!?!, that's my wife's number'. He did say that I did good on the prank!

The other story recently was regarding a 200 bowling patch. See last fall Chris bowled a 200+ game but never received a patch from USBC for it. I told him not to feel bad because I've bowled several 200s and have never received one either. So every time someone gets one, he gets huffy and puffy about it. This week at bowling I got to the alley early and in our pay envelope, there was a 200 patch for me and a 200 patch for Chris. I put his patch in my purse and I left my patch in the envelope. He shows up and he goes to pay and sees my patch. He really wanted to get all huffy and puffy, but since I'm his wife, he tried to be happy for me. He did complain a little, but not as I was hoping. Later I put his patch in front of him and he tried to give it to me but when I said 'that's not mine', he looked on the back and saw his name and seriously almost did a cartwheel with excitement. Of course he knew I had to be ornery!

We always have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment