Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rollerskating in my 30's


Sunday July 5th, 2009 – Day 112

We attended a Friday night event called the RollerKegger hosted by a coworker of Chris's. We had missed the past few years and so this year since we had no committments, we decided to attend this event. Although, we did commit when we didn't know we were expecting. I decided that regardless of my new condition, I wanted to support Ryan because he's attended everything we've had. It didn't start until 9, but I was hoping my tired stage was pretty much over and I'd be able to be a party goer and not a fuddy dud. We got there and Chris got some rollerblades, but I wanted to wear the old rollerskates to take me back to my childhood when I used to go rollerskating all of the time. I hadn't been rollerskating for at least 20 years although I sort of remember taking my little sister a couple times here in STL, but I'm pretty sure I just watched.

I was a little shaky at first, but it all came back to me. Chris was having the time of his life. He just went around and around. I was trying to be 'careful' and taking breaks here and there. I think I impressed Chris with my backskating and twirls and Chris impressed me with his limbo skills. Although I wasn't drinking I was having so much fun and we ended up staying until after midnight and later than a lot of the others. Chris was multi-tasking drinking a beer while skating. There were some girls who spent every other minute on the floor, it was pretty comical.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast! I love rollerskating...the good old rollerskates are what I would have gone with too! I am not the best at rollerblading though! How fun!!!! Glad you had a good Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete