Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How's my Diet going?

Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - Day 136

Okay, so I figured once I got pregnant, I'd be better at dieting or thinking about foods for the sake of my developing child...wrong. I have literally used pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. And I'm not lying to you - I've enjoyed it. I did ask my doctor at my first appointment whether I needed to start eating my vegetables and I told him about my super poor eating habits. He said 'nope - as long as you are taking your prenatals'. I was like 'saweet'!

But for those who don't know me well enough, I never eat vegetables - ever! I have never had a salad and don't care to ever have one. Have I tried it, yes, have I tried salad with every salad dressing out there, yes. But I'm telling you, nothing will ever escape my mind besides the thought of me eating a handful of grass that I freshly plucked on my way home - that is what it tastes like to me. Seriously folks, I don't know how people do it. Different strokes for different folks. But besides potatoes, corn and mushrooms - I have a pretty carb-ful diet sans veggies.

Now if I thought I was gaining too much weight, I'd cut back on my carb intake, but until I start gaining too much weight, why stop. I have several friends who are picky eaters like myself and their kids are just fine. Thank you lord for prenatal vitamins!!!

Tip for pregnant women about prenatals: take them at night before you go to bed. They will never upset your stomach or make you feel naseaus. That was the advice my doc gave me and I've never felt ill from taking them. I have several girls who had kids a few years ago complain about how the prenatals made them sick and when I told them about taking them before bed, their eyes were big and shocked saying 'I can't believe my doctor never told me that...I was sick every day from those things'.

2 comments:

  1. amen to taking those vitamins before bed!! that was my routine too. brush teeth, grab a bottle of water, pop a pill and off to bed. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way to take my prenatal now and then hit the hay for another day. I've found that pureing veggies and sneaking them into food is the best way for me to actually eat my veggies. The only salad I will eat is a spinach salad with ginger soy dressing on top and even then it is a very irregular thing for me to desire!

    ReplyDelete