Friday, July 3, 2009

Old Wives Tales - Part 3

Friday July 3rd, 2009 – Day 110

Old Wives Tale #30: Chinese Gender Chart
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. We conceived at the end of March (boy) and beginning of April (girl), so it is a toss up.

Old Wives Tale #31: Mom’s Beauty
Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy. Angie: I definitely do not think pregnancy has made me more beautiful and I do think I’ve had acne and other things, so I would again point my finger at girl.

Old Wives Tale #32: Dream of Sex of Baby
If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. Angie: I had a dream that I was having a boy, so another one that points to girl.

Old Wives Tale #33: Clumsy vs. Graceful
If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she’s having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she’s having a boy. Angie: Well, I’ve been more clumsy for sure, so I’m going to have to say boy.

Old Wives Tale #34: Toddlers
If a toddler boy expresses interest in a pregnant woman, she is having a girl. If he doesn’t show interest, she’s having a boy. Angie: Haven’t had any dates with any toddler boys, so can’t comment.

Old Wives Tale #35: Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. Angie: I like both sides, so it is a toss up.

Old Wives Tale #36: Hands
When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it’s a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up. Angie: Someone will have to do this without me thinking about it, because I am pretty sure I’d do palms up.

Old Wives Tale #37: Dad’s Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy. Angie: This one cracks me up because Chris has definitely gained a few pounds and so girl.

Old Wives Tale #38: Breast Test
If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy. Angie: I think my left one has always been bigger, so not sure now.

Old Wives Tale #39: Necklace Over Hand
Have someone hold a necklace over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, it’s a boy. If it moves in a circle, it’s a girl. Angie: Another one that sounds like a lot of work.

Old Wives Tale #40: What Do You Think?
71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having. Angie: I do have a feeling about what it is…

Old Wives Tale #41: Morning Sickness
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. Angie: I have not been since except once, but I’ve been extremely nauseous more often than not. Girl again perhaps.

Old Wives Tale #42: Areolae
If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it’s a boy. Angie: I’d say they’ve stayed the same color.

Old Wives Tale #43: Protein
When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy. Angie: I’m always craving cheese….boy

Old Wives Tale #44: Feet
Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl. Angie: I have not noticed a change in my feet temp at all.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, Angie, I can definitely testify that a lot of these that pointed to a girl were things that I had during my pregnancies with Brandon and Dakota. You just can't believe some of this stuff, but it's fun to see what you will have and compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you have a feeling you might be right : ) Our OB told us at about 16 weeks that if he had to guess he would say boy....but not to hold our breath until we had the "real" ultrasound...they made me wait until 20 weeks. Of course, I had a girl. We were so surprised, but I knew in my gut it was a girl. One of our first ultrasounds that we could see her little arms and legs, she was kicking like crazy and moving her arms, Mark said it looked like a boxer...I said no way, that is dancing for sure, its a girl! I was not near as sick with this pregnancy and my others were boys. Sounds like you might want a girl too : ))))))

    ReplyDelete