Saturday, June 6, 2009

Swimming Pool – Here I Come

Saturday June 6th, 2009 – Day 83

My friend Lisa K is putting in a pool this week and I am as excited as she is. She’s been planning for this pool for a few years now and her dream is about to come true this week. Her birthday is on Saturday, so this is an excellent birthday gift to herself….and her close friends and family can reap the benefits as well. I was definitely excited for Lisa and having a place to pop over for a swim here and there. But now that I’m pregnant, my excitement has gone through the roof. I’m as eager and excited as Lisa is…and I just can’t stand the wait any longer. My doctor was pretty adamant about swimming being one of the best exercises for pregnant women on many levels. Well, I’m glad because swimming is going to be my new favorite pastime. Not that I really want to get into a swimsuit, but the thought of soaking up a few rays while getting some good exercise sounds lovely. As a pregnant women in the summertime, it will be equally enjoyable for me as my stomach starts to grow. Lisa lives about 10 minutes away from me and she has given me an open door policy on going to enjoy her pool anytime I’d like. Chris has already started listing out his rules for me that includes lubing up with sunscreen every time and not over doing it. I’ve agreed to all of his terms – he knows how dark I get when I’m in the sun! Not to mention, we don’t want to cook our baby.

Now the question of the hour…should I try to cram into one of my bikinis or is it time to go out and get a one piece? Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment