Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Funny Pregnancy Stories

Tuesday June 2nd, 2009 – Day 79

There is nothing better when you are pregnant to hear funny stories. I bet many of you who’ve been pregnant before me have a ton to share. Chris and I went to lunch with some close friends who recently had a baby. I’m telling you that my cheeks hurt so bad from laughing. The funniest thing was them telling us that they remade the scene out of the movie ‘Knocked Up’, where when they left the hospital with their newborn going about 30 miles per hour with a line of traffic behind them. As well as how surreal it is to look in the rearview mirror and think ‘okay, we went to the hospital and came out with this baby in the backseat. How strange is this?’ My boss also told me a pretty funny story about how he read up on books and got all prepared for his first baby to come home from the hospital. Being the intelligent, intuitive guy that he is – he was thinking this was going to be a piece of cake because he had read up on everything. He said when he got the baby home, he just looked at it in fear not knowing what on earth to do. Luckily his mother-n-law was there to assist, but he just looked at this baby petrified thinking ‘what am I supposed to do now.’

I was reading a Pregnancy Blog online reading up on some funny stories and some of them made me cry in joy and excitement that I’ll soon experience those moments and others had me in tears of laughter at how funny and crazy women are when they are expecting. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! May Chris and I have many pregnancy stories followed by laughter.

My latest ‘Pregnancy Stupid’ moment happened today when a coworker comes up to me and says ‘how far along are you?’ and I said, ‘I’m starting my second trimester on Monday’. She said ‘oh so you are at 3 months’ and I respond ‘No, I’m only 12 weeks.’ – Now tell me that is not funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment