Monday, June 15, 2009

My First Maternity Store Outing

Monday June 15th, 2009 – Day 92

I decided to finally go to a Maternity Store to see what I have to look forward to. Chris googled the closest one and off we went to the Mall. We walk into a Maternity store and I just stood there sort of frozen not sure what to look at. Nothing jumped out at me and I certainly am not big enough to spend boocoo bucks just yet. I did find a Belly (Band) Extender and figured I could definitely put that to good use. When paying for the product and the associate realizing this was my very first visit to this store, she gave me a big goody bag with tons of stuff for the baby...stuff from a bottle to coupons to magazines, etc. I figured, hey why not!

I did get some good advice from friends about some maternity stores that are a bit better than others and will be eager to visit them once I start really noticing my baby bump. I really am not sure how I will feel once I have to buy some maternity clothes. My coworker who is past her due date has been wearing dresses the past month or so and claims that I will be too. I don't even like to wear dresses when I really have to, let alone at work. I really hope I won't be wearing dresses in my final days of pregnancy...seems like it would be a little drafty if you ask me!

3 comments:

  1. I just started having to wear my belly band today. And I must say that I, too, lived in dresses the last month of my pregnancy (check out July/August 2007 on my blog for proof). I would have worn a mumu if I could!! However, I don't see that being the best option for November and December, so I'm looking for a comfy alternative outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen knows her stuff when it comes to having a baby and buying great maternity clothes. I do have to say she was one of the cutest pregnant woman that I have seen...she was so stylish! Everytime I saw her I was like I hope I look like that when I am pregnant. I have known Jen for I guess 3 years and she is a great person to get advice from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my advice (like you need more advice) is just buy bigger tops. i bought all normal clothing in a size bigger and it did the trick. i was preggers in the winter and larger sweaters and layers a size bigger did the trick. i only bought maternity pants (obviously) and when it got warmer i did the same. just stuck to larger tops. worked wonders and saved the cash : )

    ReplyDelete