Thursday, June 4, 2009

Are You Naming Him Chuck?

Thursday June 4th, 2009 – Day 81

Let me start by saying that Chris is a fan of Chuck Norris. I’m sure it has to do with his last name being Norris and his first name starting with CH, but Chris definitely does not get annoyed when people call him or make references to Chuck Norris. Our first real date was actually the first game of Kickball a couple years ago. Little did Chris know that I had asked him to play for my team named ‘Walker Texas Rangers’ which definitely is a reference and tribute to Chuck Norris.

As we are ending our first Trimester, Chris and I have definitely been thinking of baby names. Each week we seem to come up with one or two that we like, but I think we’ll have a better idea and get more serious when I find out the gender of our baby. Yes, we do…we get asked ‘Are you going to name your baby Chuck’ followed by a chuckle by the inquirer. Of course we find it funny.

In fact, I’ve called our baby Chuck a few times. Chris would say ‘tell Baby, I said hi’ and I’d lean over and say ‘Did you hear that Chuck’. Of course we giggle but we most certainly will not be naming our baby Chuck. It is exciting to talk baby names and I do hear several of my friends who have named their babies recently and that names becomes off limits. Most recently is Triston, which makes me think of Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. A best friend of mine who is due any day now is naming her baby Triston which is definitely a name I had on my long list…but probably wouldn’t have been the final name anyways. Who knows, we’ll probably have a name picked out and then we’ll see our little Jr and name it something completely different…only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment