Friday, June 5, 2009

Food Aversions & Cravings

Friday June 5th, 2009 – Day 82

Pregnancy had definitely given me a whole new outlook on food. I don’t see food the exact same as before but luckily I have not had any major food aversions yet. I hear friends always saying they couldn’t eat this or they had to stay away from this or every time I ate this, I’d get…I have not gotten to that point and hopefully I never will. But besides Pickles and salty things, there are definitely foods that sound much better than others. I think everyone knows I love red meat…a 100% meat and potatoes girl, but for some reason I don’t crave it as much as I did before. Perhaps it is knowing I can’t order my steaks medium rare anymore, but really I just don’t have that yearning for it like I did before. I still get my fair share of steaks, but it is not as much as before. One thing that I still crave is Mexican food…taco bell, authentic, Dell Taco, Hacienda, El Maguay – you name it. I can eat Mexican all the time. Pastas are one of my favorite foods, but I have not had a single craving for pasta since I’ve been pregnant. It is a normal staple in the Norris household and not just because Chris is Italian. However, when I’m grocery shopping, I pass right through the pasta isle and don’t think much of it. I’ll eat it, but I just do not crave it. Although I did have mostocioli at a friends wedding last weekend and it was yummy. I’ve had more pizza than usual and mac & cheese is still a top choice.

I was driving home the other night and was thinking about food. Chris was working that evening and I was going to go to Sam’s later so I definitely wanted to eat before I went. I knew we didn’t have much at home, so I was going to do my normal Taco Bell burrito and taco with 10+ Fire sauces. However, when I got up to my exit and saw the listing of food signs, I noticed White Castle and thought for the first time in a few years – that sounds pretty darn good. I figured, what the hey. So I drove through and ordered 2 cheeseburgers, 1 chicken ring, 1 chicken & cheese sandwich and fries. I get home and ate pretty much every single morsel of it and I still have no regrets – it was good. Now I wouldn’t want it all the time, but once in a great big while is okay with baby. Most people are affected by food in bad ways and places like Whities can mess with your tummies. But I’ve never been affected in a negative way by food unless it is food poisoning. I guess that is the one upside to not getting enough fiber – no bad food side effects. Yah for those who have to be around me.

Now that I’m starting to have a bit more energy, my love for food has returned. So now I’ll be able to think about food and map out my meals…mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment