Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleeping with One Eye Open

Sunday, April 25th, 2010 - Day 126

I love how Tia has learned to roll over, but what I'm not so sure I'm ready for is when she rolls over while sleeping. Since Friday, we've taken her swaddler off and she is in her crib all on her own. She seems restless and tosses and turns a lot, which is understandable since all she knows is that she's usually mummified. But I can already tell that her position of choice will be on her tummy or side. She gets all the way over onto her tummy and places her head on the blanket. She doesn't have it turned all the way, which is what is scaring me the most. I did try to move her head so her cheek is flat, but she caught on and buried her face in the blanket even more so. I just wasn't sure if I was going to be able to sleep. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much. We brought her fold-a-way crib into our room so I can watch her. She is only a few feet away and I will check up on her about every 20 minutes or so. I'm obsessed and it scares me to death when I can't see her face and worse yet her body breathing in and out. I know all mothers go through this, but I don't like the worry and paranoia. I know she is getting bigger and she needs to learn these things, but gosh I am just so scared of SIDS that I just error on the side of caution when it comes to any suffocation possibilities. If she had been sleeping on her belly this whole time, that would be one thing, but she hasn't. So I guess it is another thing we'll have to watch her grow into. So if you see me walking around this week like a zombie - you'll know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment