Friday, April 23, 2010

4 Month Doctor's Appointment

Friday, April 23rd, 2010 - Day 126

I was both excited and afraid of today's doctor's appointment. I love hearing how much she has grown, but I hate watching my baby girl get shots. She weighs 13.5 lbs which is at the 45th percentile. Her height is 25.25 inches, which is at the 85th percentile (no wonder why she wears 6 mo clothes now). Her head is 42', which is at the 75th percentile - all those brains she has. Doctor says she is doing well. We gave her our concerns about her allergies. What doc said was that babies can't get allergies and that there must be something else. She found that Tia has two ear infections and gave us some meds for her. She does have eczema which means she is prone to being allergic to things, but it is too early to tell if she has allergies like her daddy. But overall, she is doing very well and her motor skills are ranked in the 5-6 month group.

I warned Chris about the shots beforehand so he could prepare himself. What he didn't know is that he'd have two girls to console, me and Tia. I swear I am such a softy now - I cry at everything. I just hate seeing her in pain, especially when she looks at you first with that 'wtf' look before she screams out in pain...and 4 times at that. Ugh! But you know, she is such a trooper. Daddy calmed her down pretty quickly and he even smiled. The medicine conked her out and she slept on the way back to daycare. She's been her typically happy self all night, so I think she has a pretty good pain threshold. I still hate the darn shot, but I know she has to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment