Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra Time with Daddy

Monday, April 12th, 2010 - Day 115

Today is the Cardinal's Home Opener and as most people who know me would know that I have attended the home opener over 8 years in a row. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful friend Cherri who invites me to her tickets each year. This year, Cherri not only asked me to the game, but also said she got an almost free deal on a hotel room at the Hilton that is next door to the stadium. Since the suite we'll be in will have food and drinks included, I really wanted to take advantage of my big night out with the girls and not worry about driving home to Arnold. So I proposed the idea to Chris and he was extremely supportive saying "I deserve it". I was so excited and I am so looking forward to it. The kicker is, that Chris will have Tia over night by himself. This wouldn't be a big deal, BUT he has never had to get up with Tia for her first feeding of the day, which is between 5:30am and 6:00am. So not only does he have to worry about that first feeding, but he has to get her dressed, himself dressed, her to daycare, and then himself to work by 8:00am. I personally feel that this will be a great chance for him to see what it entails because he'll have to do it for 5 days in June while I'm on a work trip to Maryland. I have been really trying to butter him up the past week because I know it is somewhat of an inconvenience to change his normal routine. I volunteered to get her up, feed her and get her to daycare every morning, while starting next week, when she goes to her new daycare, he volunteered to pick her up every day. So we've become accustomed to our routine and I do feel bad he has to get up almost 2 hours earlier than he's used to. (shhhh, he's not a morning person) But I will appreciate him for giving me a night out with the girls that is worry free, and he'll appreciate how early I get up. Can't wait until tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment