Monday, April 26, 2010

Gotta Love Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts(FSA)

Monday, April 26th, 2010 - Day 127

Before I had Tia, I barely knew what a dependent care FSA was, but as some coworkers filled me in, I realize you'd be crazy not to enroll in it. It is almost like a savings account because you put money in and you get it back later, but what is nice is that you don't have to pay taxes. That's right, it comes out pre-taxed into the flexible spending account. Then when we have expenses like daycare, diapers, etc. - we get reimbursed with the funds. We just got our first check and it was a big one because I back paid all the months I was on maternity leave so we had a nice cushion for our first month at daycare. Basically, we'll save $1375 this year by enrolling in the FSA. I would say that is pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment