Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Biggest Loser (for Gamblers)

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 - Day 110

By this time after pregnancy, I had hoped to lose most of the baby weight I had gained. However, I never found the time to exercise or keep to my workout video routine. Once I went back to work, it was work, feed & play with Tia, sleep. Now that she is switching day cares, I will have more time after work to get some walking or running in. At work, they all are doing the Biggest Loser Office challenge and it is amazing to see at least 5 people who lost an average of 25 lbs. They all look fantastic. Last time I had weighed myself was weeks ago and I weighed 150. Today, in the lunch room at work, I decided to jump on the scale they are using for the office challenge and see what I weigh...OMG, I have gained 10 lbs since I weighed myself last. I shouldn't have been surprised, because the fat pants I bought to hold me over were getting tighter by the day. My pre-pregnancy weight was 140 and I had hoped to be closer to that number. Ideally, I'd like to be at 135 which is what I was at 28 years old or 130 which is what I was at 25, but I'll settle for somewhere between 135 and 140.

I know Lisa was also wanting to start a weight loss program and so when we were turning in our winning tickets this past weekend, I proposed a contest with lottery tickets as our motivation. She was up for the challenge and when I got to work and they had lost more weight over the weekend, I decided to create a Biggest Loser for Gamblers edition just for me and Lisa.

BIGGEST LOSER FOR GAMBLERS RULES:
1. “HAVE FUN”, Eat healthy, and exercise.
2. The first weigh in will be on Wed, April 7th at 5:30pm
3. The final weigh in will be on Wed, Jul 21th at 5:30pm (15 WEEKS)
4. Weigh-in’s will occur every Wednesday at 5:30pm.
5. There is a $5 in lottery tickets (per week) registration fee which “MUST” be paid at each weigh in.
6. (Others may join at any time during the first three weeks but the longer you wait the harder it will be to win)
7. All monies owing to the pot should be paid during the time of weigh in or prior to the following weigh in.(So if you have a bad week, be prepared break out the spare change for lottery tickets)
8. There will be a penalty fee of $1 lottery ticket owed if your weight stays the same.
9. There will be a penalty fee of $1 lottery ticket owed for each pound gained. (i.e. Gain 3 pounds, you owe $3 in lottery tickets)
10. The same scale will be brought to each weigh-in and used to ensure consistency.
11. Only weights recorded on the Biggest Loser for Gamblers approved scales on will be recognized.
12. You can quit the competition at anytime and the lottery tickets you have given to the pot will be awarded to the winner of those left in the competition, given they continue through the remaining weeks.
13. The winner will be the person who loses the largest percentage of body weight. (start at 200 pounds and lose 10 pounds and you have lost 5%)…[(Start weight - Finish Weight) X 100 / Start weight = percentage lost.]
14. At the end of the contest the winner will be awarded “ALL” lottery tickets collected by the pot.
15. “Challenge your friends and LOSE WEIGHT”

So wish me and Lisa luck in achieving as close to our goal of losing some poundage and getting as close to our idea weights as we can. Besides this program, we are going to meet as much as we humanly can to walk/run and be accountable for each other. You guys have permission to kick me in the butt if I don't get close to my goal or I quit at any point!!! (Charlotte, you can kick Lisa's butt if she quits or fails)

No comments:

Post a Comment