Friday, November 20, 2009

Tia's Heartbeat

Friday, November 20th, 2009 – Day 250

I went to the doctor today and they gave me the Strep B test. I really am not sure exactly what it is all about but hopefully I won't have positive results. My doctor was in emergency surgery so I saw the nurse practitioner instead. I was supposed to have my cervix measured, but she said since I haven't had any contractions that we would wait until next week.

As one of my gifts from my work shower, Tia received a gift card to Build-a-Bear so I went to Build-a-Bear and bought a recorder. The recorder is for kids to record sayings and then put the recorder insider their bears. I didn't buy a bear or any accessories, I just bought the recorder and took it to my doctor's appointment today. When we heard Tia's heartbeat, I used the recorder to record about 10 seconds of her heartbeat. Now, once she's born - Chris and I can go to Build-a-Bear and buy a bear we think would be perfect for her and place the recorder inside. Tia can hear her own heartbeat anytime she wants. We've heard it is very soothing.

Plus, I get to hear her heartbeat without going to the doctor. It is so cute.

1 comment:

  1. that is precious. wow, I cannot wait.....five more days, and I will be able to hear her heartbeat and see her for the first time.

    ReplyDelete