Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hands are Swelling

Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 – Day 240

Doctor always checks my ankles to see if my feet have swelled. Although, my shoe size is a size bigger, there really hasn't been much swelling in my feet. Now my hands are a different story. I've been noticing the past few days that it has been tough to get my wedding ring off at night. This morning I woke up and it wouldn't even go over the front of the knuckle. I had to dig out another ring to wear in place of my wedding ring. I read in a baby calendar that the third trimester is a good time to take your rings off due to swelling, but I really didn't think it would apply to me. Boy was I wrong.

Not only that, but I bowled last week and my thumb kept getting stuck in the thumb hole. It would pop off and loft real high before thudding on the lane. Everyone was worried I was going to go with the ball. I made it through the night but it wasn't pretty. Tonight, I got there early and took my ball to the pro shop to get the thumb hole drilled out. He drilled out the hole and I went and bowled a few balls, but my thumb kept getting stuck. So I went back in there again and he drilled it out even more. After throwing one ball, it was still getting stuck, so one last time he drilled it out and this time it was perfect. Next week may be a different story.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Angie. Honey, I know how you feel....that water retention is for the birds. I never had the swelling in my feet and ankles with the first two, but the last two was totally different. Unfortunately, my hands swelled with all four! Hang in there, you are almost there!!

    ReplyDelete