Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bowling for Preggos

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 – Day 233

I haven't bowled in 4 weeks because Chris had ACL surgery and I've been taking him to and from work/Physical Therapy. Plus I wanted to be home in the evening to help him with anything he may need. Now that he is pretty much self sufficient enough to hobble around and get what he needs, I went back to bowling tonight. First of all, there is another girl pregnant in the league. She is the youngest and I'm the second youngest in the entire league. Although, her new sub and my new sub are both youngins too. She is having a girl as well and is 4 weeks ahead of me. So tonight our teams were playing each other. It was literally preggo vs preggo and we are both lead off bowlers for our teams. She is a lot bigger than I am and I was amazed that only being 2.5 weeks away, she was bowling. She made it a game and a half and had to leave because her back was hurting her. I did fine the first game - a bit rusty, but had a pretty good score. Then my hands were swelling and my thumb was too big - the ball kept sticking on my thumb and I almost went with the ball a few times. I wasn't doing that great score-wise, but I was just concerned about bowling with safetly. But the kicker was my thighs were burning. I felt like I was on the leg spreader machine at the gym all night doing about 100 sets. I couldn't believe how sore my uppper inside thighs were. I think being away from bowling for over a month, they were not stretched out. I have 5 more weeks of bowling - so hopefully I'll be able to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment