Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I love my baby Tia!


Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 – Day 255

Today we had our ultrasound and it was so great. My mom and mother-n-law also joined and we were all overjoyed when we got to see our little girl. The first time the sonographer showed her face, I bursted out with tears of joy. She was beautiful and it just made me even more excited.



I think we all enjoyed the ultrasound very much. They made sure that she was in fact a little girl and measured her to be only 5 lbs and 4 oz, which is a super small baby.

After the ultrasound, they hooked me up to a machine that measured Tia's heartrate as well as contractions since she is measure on the small side. Her heartbeat was very steady and they were hoping to see some spikes in her heartrate which would be a good thing. For about 10 minutes, the heartbeats were pretty steady around the 138 to 142 range. The nurse comes in and gives me four mini candy bars to eat and once I ate them, Tia's heartrate started to spike up to the 158 to 162 range. When the nurse came back in about 10 minutes later, she was pleased with the results.

The doctor then came in and measured me to be 1 centimeter dialated and 50% thinned. She said that the baby's heartbeat was perfect and that I am having contractions (which I don't feel). So everything is going accordingley and even though she's measuring small, they still plan to take her a week early.

Which means 2 weeks from Sunday or Monday, we may meet our little girl! I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angie...she is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her! Keep us posted on everything in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see these pics, I tear up. It was especially wonderful to see them in color the day of the ultrasound. Oh my gosh, I just can't wait for her to be born.!

    ReplyDelete