Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Pregnant Stupids

May 31st, 2009 - Day 77

Have you ever heard of the Pregnant Stupids? Well, I read it first in a pregnancy book by Jenny McCarthy (that was hilarious). The stories she told were so funny and I was wondering if any of this would happen to me.

Well, I can say with certainty that I've definitely had a case here or there of the pregnancy stupids. In fact, yesterday I went to get in my car to head to a wedding when I realized that my moonroof was wide open. I had parked my car there Friday when I got home from work, so it had been open for about 30 hours. The worst part is that I suddenly remembered that it had thunderstormed throughout the middle of the night. Luckily, my leather seats had dried up and nothing seemed to be wet except my cupholder that was half filled with water.

Some other instances of the pregnancy stupids have been that I'm forgetful and my short term memory is hopeless. I start a sentence and then can't remember what I was going to say. I really hope this doesn't last the entire pregnancy. I'm not sure what I'd do...but at least Chris and I can have a good laugh here or there.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh..i LOVE reading about your adventures so far. it only makes me miss being pregnant even more, but it also give me a good laugh because i SO know what you're talking about.

    now pregnancy stupids...well angie, they don't go away. what's even worse is that i now have mommy brain (same thing as pregnancy stupids) and it's awful.

    i too left my sun roof open during a thunderstorm, i left my keys in the fridge once, the front door wide open all day while at work (don't tell doug) and all kinds of other fun stuff.

    invest in post-its!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, get used to it. I always forget where my keys & cell phone are. But I can find a pacifier anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is so right Angie! I too have been blessed with mommy brain :) and it really only gets worse from here. A little less sharp....but a happy mommy!

    ReplyDelete