Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do These Tests Really Work?

May 5th, 2009

In the morning, more determined than ever, I woke up and took one. I hadn't even told Chris what I was thinking - I didn't want to get his hopes up that there was a possibility that we had pro-created. After taking the first one, I assumed I messed it up, because instead of peeing on the part you are supposed to, I peed directly where it tells you if you are positive or negative. And yes, it did say positive, so I threw that one in the trash. I told Chris about it a few minutes later and he had that glint of hope in his eye, so I told him I'd drink some water and before work, I'd take another one. When I took the second one, while Chris was eagerly watching which gave me stage fright, it turned positive before I was even done peeing. I assumed yet again, I did something wrong. Deep down, I knew I was pregnant, but still holding onto some sort of doubt...not because I didn't want to be pregnant, but because I was still upset I didn't 'know'. I headed off to work and called my new doctor's office 'we can get you into the Doctor in July' - "what, I think I'm pregnant". So she told me to go to the lab that afternoon and take a blood test to verify if I was pregnant. I left work around 4 and headed over to the lab for the blood test...I hate blood by the way - I faint at the sight of it...but I gave the practictioner an A because it didn't even hurt.

I wasn't going to find out the results until the next day, but I was still wondering if I had done the pregnancy tests correctly. I got home and took another one. I had pulled out the other two and set this newly taken pregnancy test next to the others. I walked away and Chris said 'well?'...I said 'you'll just have to go see for yourself'. He walks in there and walks out to the common area where I was and said 'looks just like the others - as he's grinning from ear to ear'.

I think at that point, we both were very confident that we had reproduced! We guestimated that it happened about 3 weeks ago on Chris's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment