Monday, May 25, 2009

I Don’t Feel Like I’m Pregnant, But I'm at 10 Weeks

May 25th, 2009 – Day 71

Today is officially 10 weeks. It says that my baby clearly looks like a baby now. My baby has doubled in size the past three weeks and will continue to double in size the next three weeks. My baby weighs less than a quarter of an ounce but has already completed the most critical stage of development. They say if you can hear the heartbeat, the chances of miscarriage are greatly reduced – which is great because we heard the heartbeat two weeks ago.

I really am in that stage where I don’t really feel pregnant, although of course there are many signs that tell me so. I’m still very exhausted all of the time and my boobs are still very sensitive. Not having a baby bump yet seems that I don’t feel pregnant yet – but of course I am. Wednesday is my big doctor’s appointment with my OBGYN. I have yet to meet my new doctor and get acquainted. I’ve heard that this appointment is the most important one because the doctor will tell you everything you need to know and be very thorough to prepare me for pregnancy. I wish I could get another ultrasound, but I have a feeling that this is just an OBG appointment to make sure my body is doing fine and there are no signs of serious ailments.

1 comment:

  1. I am ten weeks too. At least I know I am not the only one that feels this way. I don't really feel like I'm pregnant, even though I show all the symptoms. My appointment is Friday, and I was told the same thing about it being your most crucial one.

    Thanks. Knowing I'm not the only one makes me feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete