Monday, May 4, 2009

What is Happening to My Body?

May 4th, 2009

For the past month, my body has been acting quite odd. I summed it up to lack of exercise, over eating and excessive drinking which has caused me to gain a few extra pounds the past year and make me a bit tired on a daily basis. But I was pleasantly surprised that I had started gaining extra weight in my boobs. A wish I had always wanted to be fulfilled was to be a little bigger in that department and I thought with the con of gaining some weight, the pro was gaining a cup size in the chest area. BUT in all fairness, I really had to weigh the option of what was really happening. Firstly, I thought I had fibro cystic disease flairing up which most women get from time to time when you have a little too much caffeine and chocolate, but never the way my boobs were acting. Chris was definitely not complaining and we've made several jokes about my new set of girls, but I decided to get to the bottom of this mystery. Being pregnant had not really been on the top of the list because I thought I would 'just know', but I knew I had to explore that possibility.

I had switched from my insurance to Chris's insurance at the begninning of the year and didn't have any more birth control pills. I figured we were going to start trying later this year anyways, so it would be nice to be birth control free for the first time in 16 years. We just put it in the 'hands of God' as I like to call it and were being careful in using other types of birth control. I had been tired for the past few weeks in the first few hours of work and when I'd get home, I was very lethargic and lazy. I did have a head cold a fews week before, so I figured it was just part of that.

I had commented on my new chest size to a few girl friends and every single one of them said 'are you sure you're not pregnant' and of course I would say 'no, I'm definitely not pregnant.' But taking some good advice, I went to the store and bought a 3-pak of pregnancy tests and was going to take them the minute I got home. Of course, the minute I walked in the door, I decided that I was too tired and cuddled up in bed for the night. The mystery would have to wait...sleep was more important at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment