Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Official Doctor’s Appt

May 27th, 2009 – Day 73

Today, I went in to see the Doc for the first time. This was a referral from a friend who is about to have a baby any day now (Thanks Annie). When I came in for the ultrasound a couple weeks earlier, I met with the Nurse Practitioner and did not get to meet the Dr yet. The Dr was very good about asking questions and educating me on the need-to-know information. Before he did the normal pap/physical, he said there was a good chance we’d be able to hear the heartbeat again. This time, he had a small monitor that he just pushed down on my belly. There it was, the sweetest little sound. It took everything I had to stop my water works from starting, but I did good and only had the faint tears in my eyes. He held it on there for a couple minutes and it was just such a neat sound to hear and know that it is coming from inside my belly. He said it was at 150 beats per minute which was normal for a 10 week baby. I was hoping they’d do an ultrasound so I could see the baby, but since they were able to hear the heartbeat without an ultrasound, they said it wasn’t necessary – darn! I wanted pictures to share.

Doc said everything seems normal and from our talk, he said I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be. So we set an appointment for 5 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. ANGIE!!!! Congrats! I just found your blog through Maria's! I'm so excited for you & was just wondering about you & babies the other day. I'm looking forward to keeping up w/ your pregnancy! You are going to be a gorgeous pregnant lady!
    Love ya,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little heart beat is the most precious thing! I bought my own doppler so I could listen to my baby any time I wanted! ha
    Such a sweet memory : ) You will have lots more to add, I can't wait for your blog to fill up with all of the fun little stories! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete