Thursday, December 3, 2009

Two Thumbs Down

Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 - Day 263

Okay, so my hands are on a routine basis to swell while I'm sleeping. At first, they ached, but now I wake up in major pain. My thumbs are the worst and I'm not sure why. They feel like they will break if I put any pressure on them. One of the first things I do in the morning is brush my teeth and if I use my thumb to press out the toothpaste, I yelp out in pain. I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings in over a month and have been wearing a replacement band that has always been too big. It is almost too small now because my hands continue to get bigger as the days progress. I feel like I have carpal tunnel. My doctor says it is normal and most women are affected in the ankle area, but some in the hands. My ankles are just fine - my feet have grown a tiny bit - but my ankles have not swelled at all. BUT my hands on the otherhand - ouch! I've always had more sweat glands in my hands so it doesn't surprise me, but this is one ailment of pregnancy I'll be happy to rid once she's born.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of someone's hands swelling to the point of pain....poor Angie. I am sure you will be glad to have your hands back to normal after Tia is born. Every woman is different and each pregnancy is too. I always had different symptoms with each kid, and different cravings too! Hang in there, it's almost over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands didn't swell horribly but with Vincent I totally had the hurting thumbs thing. Its so strange. I think it went on for a while after having him, but now both thumbs feel normal. :o) I can't believe how close you are to having your little Tia. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete